Position Title: CHS and SBC Associate technical officer
Reports to: Senior Technical Officer SBCC
Project: Afya Uzazi
The incumbent shall be responsible for delivering the County Specific Demand Generation Activities in Marigat and Mogtio Sub-counties of Nakuru County. S/he will cultivate close relationship with County and Sub-County Health Management Teams, Deputies and Assistant County Commissioners (DCCs and ACCs), Community Groups and Key Implementing Partners and SBC stake holders in the target Sub-Counties. S/he will plan and execute the workplans, track and report progress routinely and participate in technical team meetings to contribute to mitigation deliberations aimed at improving the project performance on key FP-RMNCAH indicators. S/he will report to STO SBC&CHS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The focal person for on community level interventions at sub-county level ensuring improving knowledge and quality of existing health services as well as improving promotive, preventive health services at community.
- Conduct social mobilization of community structures and population to effectively participate in the health promotion programs engaging community Catalysts, religious leaders and community own resource persons.
- Provide continuous mentorship to community structures and leadership on health, development and related issues especially issues pertaining to FP-RMNCAH
- Oversee effective networking and collaboration within and beyond communities for learning and leveraging on health and developments.
- Ensure that community units achieve quality data through community base health management information system tools MOH 513, 514, and the MOH 100 and that the community chalk boards are timely updated in all CHUs.
- Facilitate community level data use initiative i.e. Dialogue days, Health Action Days and integrated Health Outreaches. Works with CHEWs to oversee both technical and structural capacity building processes of the community units.
- Support strengthening of FP/RMNCAH Services delivery at health facilities including Mapping and referral from lower level facilities and communities and also training of the CHEWs and the CHVs.
- Work with CHS focal persons to schedule targeted demand creation services through mobilization and support supervision at the Household level.
- Works with the SCHMT especially the public health officer and Deputy County Commissaries in respective Sub-Counties to engage the community through the NGAO Structure to improve health services in areas without community units through Chiefs, Village Elders and the Nyumba Kumi Structures to accelerate mapping of Pregnant women and linking them to health services.
- Strengthen coordination between DOH and National Government Administrative unit to accelerate Social and behavior change activities at community level.
- Plan and execute awareness campaign activities and interpersonal sessions using community social networks aimed at improving uptake of FP-RMNCAH.
- Work with Health Promotion Officers, Social and Gender Development Officers and other stakeholders at County and Sub-County to enhance behavior change and demand generation for services at community level.
- Document and share the activities, lesson(s) learnt, challenges and recommend actions to mitigate the challenges.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Excellent technical skills e.g. social mobilization.
- Sensitivity of cultural diversity and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding RMNCH.
- Experienced in implementing SBC activities focused on RNMCAH, FP and Nutrition especially in marginalized counties.
- Experienced in implementing CHS activities and familiarity with the DOH Data tracking tools and KHIS2.
- Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive and initiative.
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally as needed
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Bachelors degree in social science or public health with 5 years’ relevant experience in Community Health Strategies and RMNCH.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural communities is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Kiswahili is crucial.
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: GSKenya-HR@goldstarkenya.org. We do not ask for money at any stage of recruitment. The application should include a cover letter and CV/resume saved in one folder pdf to be received not later than 4th August 2020.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.